Gang-rape: Minor boy`s bone report sought to determine age
New Delhi: Delhi Police will wait for a bone report of the minor boy accused in the Delhi gang-rape case to ascertain his age before filing a report with Juvenile Justice Board.
Police sources said they will ask the Board to get the bone density test done as fast as possible to determine the age of the accused.
The boy had claimed using his school certificate that he is 17-year-old. However, police have refused to take the claim and sought for an ossification test to determine his age.
He was among the six persons arrested in connection with the December 16 gang-rape and brutal assault of the 23-year old physiotherapy student in a moving bus in South Delhi. She died during treatment in Singapore on December 29.
Sources said the test has not been done and a fresh request has been sent to the Board to get the test conducted.
Police have filed the charge sheet against the five remaining persons allegedly involved in the case in a court here.
Sources said if a bone test certifies that the boy is not a minor and he is above 18 years, then a supplementary charge sheet will be filed.
If the boy is a minor, police will file a report in the Board following which proceedings will be initiated in the case.
Police sources said investigators fine-tuned the charge sheet till late last night to ensure that the document is foolproof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends