Geetika suicide: Court extends JC of Kanda & Chaddah by 3 days
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday extended till October 12 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddah, arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
While extending their judicial custody, Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala asked their counsel to complete the process of scrutiny of documents, filed along with the charge sheet.
Kanda and Chaddah were produced before the court after expiry of their judicial custody.
Geetika was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddah, a charge denied by them.
The charge sheet said the investigation has disclosed that Geetika committed suicide as a result of a "series of wilful and malicious acts of mental torture, threat, blackmail and stress by accused persons which created a situation that instigated her to commit suicide."
Kanda and Chaddah have been charge sheeted under various provisions of the IPC relating to abetment of suicide,criminal conspiracy, criminal intimidation, destruction of evidence and forgery. They have also been booked under the Information and Technology Act which deals with hacking of computers.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police and Chaddah was arrested on August 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...