Geetika suicide: Court extends JC of Kanda & Chaddah by 3 days
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday extended till October 12 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddah, arrested for allegedly abetting the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
While extending their judicial custody, Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala asked their counsel to complete the process of scrutiny of documents, filed along with the charge sheet.
Kanda and Chaddah were produced before the court after expiry of their judicial custody.
Geetika was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddah, a charge denied by them.
The charge sheet said the investigation has disclosed that Geetika committed suicide as a result of a "series of wilful and malicious acts of mental torture, threat, blackmail and stress by accused persons which created a situation that instigated her to commit suicide."
Kanda and Chaddah have been charge sheeted under various provisions of the IPC relating to abetment of suicide,criminal conspiracy, criminal intimidation, destruction of evidence and forgery. They have also been booked under the Information and Technology Act which deals with hacking of computers.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police and Chaddah was arrested on August 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi