Ghana Army Chief visits India
New Delhi: Ghanaian Army Chief, Major General Joseph Narh Adinkrah, Monday began a four-day visit to India aimed at strengthening defence cooperation between the two countries.
Adinkrah will be meeting ministry of defence (MOD) and senior military officials, besides visiting United Service Institution (USI) and the Centre for United Nations Peacekeeping (CUNPK) in the capital.
"During his interaction with senior MOD and military officials, Adinkrah will discuss issues to enhance military cooperation. The visit will further enhance our defence cooperation and cement the time-tested ties between India and Ghana, which are based on continuity, trust and mutual understanding," a statement from the defence ministry said.
India has historical military relations with the west African nation.
"The defence cooperation with Ghana has existed since 1957 and the Indian armed forces have played an important role in laying the foundation of all the three services of the Ghana armed forces.
"The Armed forces of the two nations have been comprehensively cooperating in the field of military training, United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, training and participation of observers in exercises," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!