Girl child unwanted: Babies, mothers being killed
New Delhi: If you think, Falak and Afreen were the rare glaring examples of the cruelty meted out to baby girls in India, think again! Shamefully, a spate of such spine chilling incidents seems to be routine affair now. Here are two more incidents that highlight how the crimes against new-born baby girls are increasing every day.
Haryana: Father beats daughter to death
In a shocking case of parental brutality, a 30-year-old man allegedly tried to kill his three minor daughters by hanging them from a ceiling fan and later thrashing them with a stick, leading to the death of one, following a quarrel with his wife in Haryana`s Jhajjar district.
While Jiya (4) succumbed to her injuries, the condition of her sisters Payal (7) and Varsha (3) is stated to be critical at PGIMS, Rohtak.
Mukesh, a resident of Bahu village, had a quarrel with his wife Suman over a domestic issue last evening following which he first started beating his daughters. He then tied them together with a piece of cloth from the neck and hanged them with a ceiling fan, police said on Tuesday.
Having failed to kill them, he began thrashing them again with bamboo sticks, police said, adding, hearing their cries Mukesh`s father Om Prakash rushed to the spot and took the injured girls to a civil hospital.
Mukesh was arrested Tuesday morning, Somveer, Salhavaas Police SHO, said, adding, statements of Suman, Om Prakash and some others are being recorded.
Punjab: Husband kills wife in want of baby boy
In another incident which reflects the apathy for bearing a girl child, a labourer from Punjab killed his wife after she gave birth to a girl.
Nishan Singh fled after killing his wife Paramjit Kaur. The couple hails from Bhucchar Kallan village in Tarn Taran district of west Punjab.
It is being reported that Nishan wanted a son as he already had two daughters.
And these are just the cases that are being reported. Who knows, how many Falaks and Afreens are dying while we just frown and sulk at such stories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation