Give immigrant status to SL Tamils: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
New Delhi: Art of Living exponent Sri Sri
Ravi Shankar on Tuesday said that the 1.25 lakh Sri Lankan Tamils
living as refugees in the country should be given immigrant
status like their counterparts in Europe and America.
"Sri Lankan Tamils living in Europe and America have
jobs, businesses, have a home and are well off, while those
living in Tamil Nadu since 1983 are still languishing in the
camps are refugees. They should be integrated into the
country," he said in a statement.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, who kicked off his one-week long
Tamil Nadu tour yesterday from Kancheepuram, said that this
would be a "human" gesture to give hope and opportunity.
He also said that one cannot turn a blind eye to the
sufferings of Sri Lankan Tamils in Tamil Nadu when refugees
from Bangladesh and Nepal have been enjoying these benefits.
He said the Art of Living fraternity will provide all
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder