Give immigrant status to SL Tamils: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
New Delhi: Art of Living exponent Sri Sri
Ravi Shankar on Tuesday said that the 1.25 lakh Sri Lankan Tamils
living as refugees in the country should be given immigrant
status like their counterparts in Europe and America.
"Sri Lankan Tamils living in Europe and America have
jobs, businesses, have a home and are well off, while those
living in Tamil Nadu since 1983 are still languishing in the
camps are refugees. They should be integrated into the
country," he said in a statement.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, who kicked off his one-week long
Tamil Nadu tour yesterday from Kancheepuram, said that this
would be a "human" gesture to give hope and opportunity.
He also said that one cannot turn a blind eye to the
sufferings of Sri Lankan Tamils in Tamil Nadu when refugees
from Bangladesh and Nepal have been enjoying these benefits.
He said the Art of Living fraternity will provide all
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM