Goa blast case: 1 of the 5 accused surrenders
Panaji: One of the five absconding accused
in the Margao blast case has surrendered before a local court.
Public Prosecutor S B Faria said that Prashant
Ashtekar, a native of Ratnagiri (Maharashtra), surrendered
before the Sessions Court Tuesday.
He is among the five accused wanted in connection with
the conspiracy to execute serial blasts in the state on Diwali
eve last year.
The National Investigating Agency (NIA), which is
probing the Margao blast, has already arrested Prashant`s
younger brother Dhananjay.
Two persons, Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, were
killed while ferrying explosives in Margao town on October 16,
Police had arrested four people - Vinayak Patil, Vinay
Talekar, Dhananjay Ashtekar and Dilip Mangaonkar - in
connection with this case.
Prashant, who reportedly shifted the hard-disk of his
computer which was used to prepare circuit diagrams, was
wanted by NIA.
Before surrendering to the court, Prashant had told a
newspaper that he shifted the hard disk as "the computer
belonged to him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown