Goa blast case: 1 of the 5 accused surrenders

Last Updated: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 - 10:29

Panaji: One of the five absconding accused
in the Margao blast case has surrendered before a local court.

Public Prosecutor S B Faria said that Prashant
Ashtekar, a native of Ratnagiri (Maharashtra), surrendered
before the Sessions Court Tuesday.

He is among the five accused wanted in connection with
the conspiracy to execute serial blasts in the state on Diwali
eve last year.

The National Investigating Agency (NIA), which is
probing the Margao blast, has already arrested Prashant`s
younger brother Dhananjay.

Two persons, Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, were
killed while ferrying explosives in Margao town on October 16,
2009.

Police had arrested four people - Vinayak Patil, Vinay
Talekar, Dhananjay Ashtekar and Dilip Mangaonkar - in
connection with this case.

Prashant, who reportedly shifted the hard-disk of his

computer which was used to prepare circuit diagrams, was
wanted by NIA.

Before surrendering to the court, Prashant had told a
newspaper that he shifted the hard disk as "the computer
belonged to him."

PTI



First Published: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 - 10:29

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus