`Goa drug overdose victim suffered from bi-polar disorder`
Panaji: Family members of the girl, who died
allegedly due to drug overdose during her visit to a music
festival here, have said that "she had no history of drug
consumption and was suffering from bi-polar disorder".
Manu Bahuguna, father of 23-year-old Neha, who died at a
city hospital yesterday, said the deceased was under
"She did not take the medicine because she thought she is
not unwell," Bahuguna, who flew from Delhi this morning, told
reporters at the Goa Medical College Complex.
The girl, working at a hotel in Bangalore, was suffering
from bi-polar disorder since the last three years, he said.
"We don?t suspect foul play and if anyone has to be taken
to task for her death, it should be done by police," Bahuguna
said adding the Neha had come to Goa to participate in the
Sunburn beach music festival.
The three-day festival held at Candolim beach concluded
on December 29, the day when Neha was shifted to Vintage
hospital in Panaji.
Doctors at the hospital said the girl was brought in with
breathing complications and died on December 30.
Hospital authorities confirmed that she was brought in
from the festival venue at Candolim, 15 kms away from Panaji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley