Goa Police submit status report on Tejpal case to Centre
Panaji: Midway through their probe into the sexual assault case against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal, Goa Police have submitted a status report to the Union Home Ministry.
Last week, the Home Ministry had sought a report on the high-profile case and its direction has been complied with, a senior Goa Police official said today.
The report submitted by Goa government gives details into the investigations carried out so far against Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a colleague during a conference the magazine organised here in early November, and other relevant information, he said.
"Right from the suo motu cognisance of media reports (about sexual assault) taken by Goa police to the statement of the victim and Tejpal`s arrest, everything has been detailed in the report."
Several documents, including a copy of the FIR, have also been attached, the officer said. "It`s a voluminous report basically talking about the investigations. We have not given our comments or observatios in it."
Tejpal was arrested by Goa Crime Branch on Saturday last. The next day, he was remanded in six-day police custody by a local court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'