Goa Police submit status report on Tejpal case to Centre
Panaji: Midway through their probe into the sexual assault case against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal, Goa Police have submitted a status report to the Union Home Ministry.
Last week, the Home Ministry had sought a report on the high-profile case and its direction has been complied with, a senior Goa Police official said today.
The report submitted by Goa government gives details into the investigations carried out so far against Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a colleague during a conference the magazine organised here in early November, and other relevant information, he said.
"Right from the suo motu cognisance of media reports (about sexual assault) taken by Goa police to the statement of the victim and Tejpal`s arrest, everything has been detailed in the report."
Several documents, including a copy of the FIR, have also been attached, the officer said. "It`s a voluminous report basically talking about the investigations. We have not given our comments or observatios in it."
Tejpal was arrested by Goa Crime Branch on Saturday last. The next day, he was remanded in six-day police custody by a local court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police