Goa Police submit status report on Tejpal case to Centre
Panaji: Midway through their probe into the sexual assault case against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal, Goa Police have submitted a status report to the Union Home Ministry.
Last week, the Home Ministry had sought a report on the high-profile case and its direction has been complied with, a senior Goa Police official said today.
The report submitted by Goa government gives details into the investigations carried out so far against Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a colleague during a conference the magazine organised here in early November, and other relevant information, he said.
"Right from the suo motu cognisance of media reports (about sexual assault) taken by Goa police to the statement of the victim and Tejpal`s arrest, everything has been detailed in the report."
Several documents, including a copy of the FIR, have also been attached, the officer said. "It`s a voluminous report basically talking about the investigations. We have not given our comments or observatios in it."
Tejpal was arrested by Goa Crime Branch on Saturday last. The next day, he was remanded in six-day police custody by a local court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan