Goa police to file charge sheet against Tarun Tejpal on Feb 17
Panaji: Goa police will file charge sheet on Monday against Tehelka founder-editor Tarun Tejpal who was accused of sexually assaulting his woman colleague last year.
The charge sheet would be filed before Principal Additional Sessions court judge Anuja Prabhudesai, sources said today.
Tejpal (50) has been accused of raping the woman in a lift at a star hotel near here during Tehelka`s ThinkFest in November 2013.
The high-profile journalist was arrested by the Crime Branch of Goa police on November 30 after his anticipatory bail plea was rejected by a local court.
Tejpal is currently in judicial custody at the Sada sub-jail here.
When contacted, a senior police official refused to divulge details of the chargesheet.
Tejpal had been booked under sections 354-A (sexual harassment, physical contact, advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures or any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature), 376 (rape), 376(2)(k) (rape by a person of a woman in his custody taking advantage of his official position), 341 (wrongful restraint) and 342 (wrongful confinement) of the Indian Penal Code.
Tejpal had denied the charges.
According to sources, the investigating officer had recorded several statements, including that of former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury and Tejpal`s daughter, along with the deposition of the victim in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!