Goa police to file charge sheet against Tarun Tejpal on Feb 17
Panaji: Goa police will file charge sheet on Monday against Tehelka founder-editor Tarun Tejpal who was accused of sexually assaulting his woman colleague last year.
The charge sheet would be filed before Principal Additional Sessions court judge Anuja Prabhudesai, sources said today.
Tejpal (50) has been accused of raping the woman in a lift at a star hotel near here during Tehelka`s ThinkFest in November 2013.
The high-profile journalist was arrested by the Crime Branch of Goa police on November 30 after his anticipatory bail plea was rejected by a local court.
Tejpal is currently in judicial custody at the Sada sub-jail here.
When contacted, a senior police official refused to divulge details of the chargesheet.
Tejpal had been booked under sections 354-A (sexual harassment, physical contact, advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures or any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature), 376 (rape), 376(2)(k) (rape by a person of a woman in his custody taking advantage of his official position), 341 (wrongful restraint) and 342 (wrongful confinement) of the Indian Penal Code.
Tejpal had denied the charges.
According to sources, the investigating officer had recorded several statements, including that of former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury and Tejpal`s daughter, along with the deposition of the victim in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi