Godman Nityananda`s judicial custody extended
Ramanagara: A local court on Wednesday extended the judicial custody of self-styled godman Nityananda
Swami, arrested on criminal charges including rape, till May
Police informed Sessions Court judge Vijayalakshmi
that they were not in a position to produce Nityananda today
as its personnel have been drafted for security for the gram
The judge accepted the plea for extension of judicial
Meanwhile, Nityananda has hired the services of a
Mumbai based law firm to replace Chandramouli, who withdrew
from his cases. Vedavyas and Vivekananda Gupta of Nitin Prasad
Associates, Mumbai would appear for Nityananda.
Nityananda landed in a controversy in March after
local TV channels aired purported video footage showing him in
a compromising position with a Tamil actress. He was arrested
from Solan in Himachal Pradesh on April 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!