Goods train derails, disrupts traffic on Kanpur-Mumbai route
Kanpur: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Kanpur-Mumbai route after five wagons of a goods train derailed here on Tuesday, an official said. No casualty was reported.
The incident took place a few kilometres away from the Kanpur Central Station, damaging the railway tracks over several meters.
The cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained, an official said. The train was heading to Madhya Pradesh from Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj