Goods train derails, disrupts traffic on Kanpur-Mumbai route
Kanpur: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Kanpur-Mumbai route after five wagons of a goods train derailed here on Tuesday, an official said. No casualty was reported.
The incident took place a few kilometres away from the Kanpur Central Station, damaging the railway tracks over several meters.
The cause behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained, an official said. The train was heading to Madhya Pradesh from Kanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez