Goof-up in new Durontos: Passengers kept waiting for food
New Delhi: In an embarrassment for Railways, scores of passengers travelling in three of its flagship Duronto non-stop trains were deprived of catering services despite the same being mentioned in the tickets.
A goof-up in the computerised reservation services led passengers to believe they will be served food like other Duronto trains when in reality, pantry cars have not yet been introduced in these trains, said a railway official.
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee had flagged-off one of these trains running between Delhi Sarai Rohilla and Jammu Tawi on March 31. The other two Durontos in question are Delhi-Lucknow and Delhi-Allahabad.
The official said as many as 150 to 180 passengers fell victim to the "error in the system" in the last two days before Railways noticed the goof-up and published advertisements in newspapers intimating the public.
He said that due to the system error, the mention of vegetarian or non-vegetarian was wrongly made on the computerised passenger reservation tickets issued for the three Duronto Express trains.
He said pantry cars are also a part of the train rake composition but they would be provided in the coming months.
Railways had introduced 14 such trains in the last financial year, the remaining three being on March 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you