Government appoints P K Sinha as Power secretary
New Delhi: In a major administrative reshuffle, senior IAS officers Pradeep Kumar Sinha, Syamal Kumar Sarkar and Vishwapati Trivedi were on Friday appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Power, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and Ministry of Shipping respectively.
The appointments were approved by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh-led Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC).
Sinha, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present Secretary in Ministry of Shipping. The vacancy was necessitated following superannuation of incumbent P Uma Shankar on Friday.
A 1979 batch IAS officer of West Bengal cadre, Sarkar has been appointed in place of P K Mishra (1976 batch IAS officer of UP cadre) who retires on Friday.
Sarkar, who is at present Secretary in Ministry of Water Resources, has earlier served as Additional Secretary in the DoPT.
Trivedi, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, has replaced Sinha following his new appointment. He is currently Chairman, Inland Waterways Authority of India.
Senior IAS officer Alok Rawat has been appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Water Resources, a government press release said. The 1977 batch officer of Sikkim cadre is Secretary (Coordination and Public Grievances), Cabinet Secretariat.
The ACC has also approved appointment of Gauri Kumar, a 1979 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre, as Secretary (Border Management) in the Home Ministry. Kumar is at present Special Secretary in Ministry of Mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees