Government appoints P K Sinha as Power secretary
New Delhi: In a major administrative reshuffle, senior IAS officers Pradeep Kumar Sinha, Syamal Kumar Sarkar and Vishwapati Trivedi were on Friday appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Power, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and Ministry of Shipping respectively.
The appointments were approved by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh-led Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC).
Sinha, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present Secretary in Ministry of Shipping. The vacancy was necessitated following superannuation of incumbent P Uma Shankar on Friday.
A 1979 batch IAS officer of West Bengal cadre, Sarkar has been appointed in place of P K Mishra (1976 batch IAS officer of UP cadre) who retires on Friday.
Sarkar, who is at present Secretary in Ministry of Water Resources, has earlier served as Additional Secretary in the DoPT.
Trivedi, a 1977 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, has replaced Sinha following his new appointment. He is currently Chairman, Inland Waterways Authority of India.
Senior IAS officer Alok Rawat has been appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Water Resources, a government press release said. The 1977 batch officer of Sikkim cadre is Secretary (Coordination and Public Grievances), Cabinet Secretariat.
The ACC has also approved appointment of Gauri Kumar, a 1979 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre, as Secretary (Border Management) in the Home Ministry. Kumar is at present Special Secretary in Ministry of Mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!