Government yet to announce new NIA chief
New Delhi: The government has yet to announce the successor to RV Raju, whose term as director of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) ended Jan 31.
CBI Special Director SC Sinha, a 1975 Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, is tipped to succeed Raju but the home ministry has yet to make the announcement public.
"Raju will continue in the post till an announcement is made," said a Home Ministry official.
Sinha`s name is understood to have been cleared by the Home Ministry and forwarded to the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for confirmation.
Before joining CBI, Sinha was Director General in the Haryana Vigilance Bureau. Earlier, he had held several important positions in CBI from 1985 to 1990 and from 2002 to 2007, including the post of joint director (economic offences wing) and Superintendent of Police.
Official sources said that Raju may move to the Central Vigilance Commission as one of its members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday