Govt had planned to send me to Ralegan: Hazare
Pune: Anna Hazare on Tuesday said the government
had planned to send him to Relegan Siddhi, his native village
in Ahmednagar district, after releasing him from Tihar jail on
"After my arrest and release from jail, they had planned
to take me directly to Delhi airport for a flight to Pune.
From Pune I was to be sent to Ralegan (about 100 kms from
Pune)," Hazare said, addressing his supporters at the
Padmavati Devi guest house, where he has been staying since
his arrival from Delhi.
"After bringing me to Ralegan, the plan was to keep me
confined to my village," he added.
The anti-graft crusader, who refused to leave the Tihar
jail after being released on August 16, subsequently went on
with the historic 12-day fast at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi,
demanding a strong Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon