Govt had planned to send me to Ralegan: Hazare
Pune: Anna Hazare on Tuesday said the government
had planned to send him to Relegan Siddhi, his native village
in Ahmednagar district, after releasing him from Tihar jail on
"After my arrest and release from jail, they had planned
to take me directly to Delhi airport for a flight to Pune.
From Pune I was to be sent to Ralegan (about 100 kms from
Pune)," Hazare said, addressing his supporters at the
Padmavati Devi guest house, where he has been staying since
his arrival from Delhi.
"After bringing me to Ralegan, the plan was to keep me
confined to my village," he added.
The anti-graft crusader, who refused to leave the Tihar
jail after being released on August 16, subsequently went on
with the historic 12-day fast at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi,
demanding a strong Lokpal Bill.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!