Govt had planned to send me to Ralegan: Hazare
Pune: Anna Hazare on Tuesday said the government
had planned to send him to Relegan Siddhi, his native village
in Ahmednagar district, after releasing him from Tihar jail on
"After my arrest and release from jail, they had planned
to take me directly to Delhi airport for a flight to Pune.
From Pune I was to be sent to Ralegan (about 100 kms from
Pune)," Hazare said, addressing his supporters at the
Padmavati Devi guest house, where he has been staying since
his arrival from Delhi.
"After bringing me to Ralegan, the plan was to keep me
confined to my village," he added.
The anti-graft crusader, who refused to leave the Tihar
jail after being released on August 16, subsequently went on
with the historic 12-day fast at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi,
demanding a strong Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi