Govt has a 1000 hands, can send anyone to jail: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday once again took on the UPA government and said that it was not easy to fight the Congress party as the government can send those who oppose it to jail.
Breathing fire against the Congress, Mulayam Singh said that it is not an easy task to fight the Congress; if one does then he will be chased by the CBI.
"Sarkar se ladna asan nahi hai. Sarkar ke hazaron haath hote hain. CBI ka upyog kar sakti hai...Jail me dal sakti hai" (It`s not easy to fight with the government. It has thousands of hand and can use CBI and put one in jail)," he told reporters here in reply to a question.
Yadav had earlier also attacked Congress-led UPA government blaming misuse of CBI by it.
"Congress used to take support by threatening. I supported the UPA government in bad times but Congress has put CBI after me," the SP chief had told reporters on March 29.
Mulayam has been increasingly restive ever since the DMK pulled out of the UPA government – leaving it dependent on support from SP’s 22 MPs. But he has all along shied away from withdrawing support to the Manmohan Singh government.
The seasoned politician has argued that his party is supporting the UPA to keep “communal forces” out of power. However, there seems to be more to Mulayam’s outbursts against the government.
For one, he is checking out the situation on the ground as to whether it makes sense for him to allow the UPA government to continue in office till 2014 or whether it would be prudent to pull the plug now and force early Lok Sabha elections.
Last week, Yadav had insisted that the next General Elections would happen this year itself — may be in November — and a spontaneously formed Third Front government would come to power.
Meanwhile, the Congress continues to be extremely reluctant to take on Mulayam Singh. Party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said, “…Don’t know why Mulayam Singhji is saying all this; Congress party does not influence the CBI.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now