Govt has a 1000 hands, can send anyone to jail: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday once again took on the UPA government and said that it was not easy to fight the Congress party as the government can send those who oppose it to jail.
Breathing fire against the Congress, Mulayam Singh said that it is not an easy task to fight the Congress; if one does then he will be chased by the CBI.
"Sarkar se ladna asan nahi hai. Sarkar ke hazaron haath hote hain. CBI ka upyog kar sakti hai...Jail me dal sakti hai" (It`s not easy to fight with the government. It has thousands of hand and can use CBI and put one in jail)," he told reporters here in reply to a question.
Yadav had earlier also attacked Congress-led UPA government blaming misuse of CBI by it.
"Congress used to take support by threatening. I supported the UPA government in bad times but Congress has put CBI after me," the SP chief had told reporters on March 29.
Mulayam has been increasingly restive ever since the DMK pulled out of the UPA government – leaving it dependent on support from SP’s 22 MPs. But he has all along shied away from withdrawing support to the Manmohan Singh government.
The seasoned politician has argued that his party is supporting the UPA to keep “communal forces” out of power. However, there seems to be more to Mulayam’s outbursts against the government.
For one, he is checking out the situation on the ground as to whether it makes sense for him to allow the UPA government to continue in office till 2014 or whether it would be prudent to pull the plug now and force early Lok Sabha elections.
Last week, Yadav had insisted that the next General Elections would happen this year itself — may be in November — and a spontaneously formed Third Front government would come to power.
Meanwhile, the Congress continues to be extremely reluctant to take on Mulayam Singh. Party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said, “…Don’t know why Mulayam Singhji is saying all this; Congress party does not influence the CBI.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged