Govt sets up committee to study body scanners
New Delhi: The Civial Aviation Ministry
has set up a committee for assessment of body scanners from
the point of view of effectiveness, privacy and health,
government said on Wednesday.
Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi told the Lok
Sabha that the government has not installed non-intrusive body
scanners so far and security agencies are carrying out an
assessment of body scanners.
"The government has not installed non-intrusive body
scanner. However, assessment of the body scanners from
security point of view is being carried out by security
agencies," he said in a written reply.
"A committee has also been constituted by this
ministry for the assessment of body scanner from the point of
view of effectiveness, privacy and health," Ravi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India