Govt to build workforce of world standard
New Delhi: In the face of rising global competition, Government is now targeting to build one million-strong multi-skilled workforce of "world standard".
A central scheme is being implemented to upgrade ITIs into centres of excellence for producing multi-skilled workforce of "world standard" and one million persons will be
trained and their skills be tested and certified under the scheme, Labour and Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge said.
Asserting that quality and relevance in skill are the key to India`s global competitiveness, he said there is a need to recognise the importance of synchronising national skill development policies with policies on technology, trade and environment.
Kharge was addressing a Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar and National Safety Award distribution function organised by The Labour and Employment Ministry. 114 industrial establishments were given National Safety Awards in recognition of their outstanding safety performance.
The minister presented 28 Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar, to be shared by 128 persons, for their outstanding contribution in improvement of quality, productivity and working conditions of their establishments.
"We are aiming at nurturing the dormant talent and the skill, which is present abundantly in every worker, so that he or she is presented with suitable opportunities and a work
atmosphere in which every worker can develop to his optimum level of efficiency," he added.
He also appealed the industrial establishments to introduce worker-participative schemes in a big way to harness and leverage the hidden potentials of the workers and requested the trade unions to make "these work participative schemes successful".
Kharge said that Indian economy is facing new challenges on the international front, which have implications for employment growth. "Some of these challenges are--absorbing capital inflow for investment purposes, providing enought security to
migrant workers going abroad, enhancing skill levels of migrant workers going abroad, protecting small and medium enterprises which face unequal competition and providing
incentives to labour intensive export sectors like textile, gems and jewellery and handicraft," he said.
Minister said that globalisation has influenced the Indian labour market "significantly".
The increased international trade has provided the impetus for the introduction of new and modern technologies which has a "direct bearing" on the skill enhancement of the
Indian workforce, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks