Graft cases: CVC recommends action against 122 govt officials
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission has recommended penalty proceedings against 122 government officials, including a Commissioner of Central Board of Excise and Customs, for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Major penalty proceedings, which include withholding increment and suspension, have been recommended against 122 officials including four General Managers of Industrial Development Bank of India, a Commissioner of CBEC and a Joint Secretary (retd) from the Planning Commission, the probity watchdog said in its monthly performance report for February.
Besides, two General Managers (Mining) of Central Coalfields Ltd, one each Superintending Engineer of Delhi Development Authority and Lakshadweep administration, two GMs of Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd and a Joint Director of NIFT are among these 122 officials, it said.
The CVC has effected a penalty of about Rs 6.48 crore during the month after conducting technical examination of public procurement and other works being carried by different government organisations, the report said.
Of these 122 officials, a highest of 11 are working in Indian Overseas Bank, 10 in Industrial Development Bank of India, nine in SBI, eight in Railways and seven each in Allahabad Bank and Syndicate Bank among others.
At the same time, the Commission processed 4,677 corruption complaints (including 70 whistle blowers), it said.
"The Commission is deeply concerned over continuing delay in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Commissioners in State Trading Corporation of India Ltd, Security Printing & Minting Corporation of India Ltd, Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd and Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL)," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media