Graft charges against ministers: Bedi for independent probe
Kanpur: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi Wednesday sought an independent agency to probe the graft charges they have levelled against 14 ministers, including Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
"The government should constitute a Special Investigation Team to probe the charges. Let them come out clean if they are not corrupt," she told a public meet organised by India Against Corruption here.
Bedi refrained from giving a direct comment on whether Mukherjee should contest the presidential polls or not but said his name also figures in the list of 14 ministers.
She also took a jibe at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s recent announcement to contribute USD 10 billion for IMF`s financial firewall for the eurozone during the G20 summit in Los Cabos.
"Our own economy is facing difficulties. There was no room for such a grant in these circumstances," Bedi said.
She also asserted that the efforts to free the country from corruption should flow from top to bottom and the big fishes should be caught first.
Meanwhile without naming Rahul Gandhi, another Team Anna member Kumar Vishwas pulled up the Congress general secretary over his initiatives to meet Dalit families.
"A Yuvraj is one who makes it sure before taking his meal that nobody in his Praja remains hungry," Vishwas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon