Graft charges against ministers: Bedi for independent probe
Kanpur: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi Wednesday sought an independent agency to probe the graft charges they have levelled against 14 ministers, including Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
"The government should constitute a Special Investigation Team to probe the charges. Let them come out clean if they are not corrupt," she told a public meet organised by India Against Corruption here.
Bedi refrained from giving a direct comment on whether Mukherjee should contest the presidential polls or not but said his name also figures in the list of 14 ministers.
She also took a jibe at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s recent announcement to contribute USD 10 billion for IMF`s financial firewall for the eurozone during the G20 summit in Los Cabos.
"Our own economy is facing difficulties. There was no room for such a grant in these circumstances," Bedi said.
She also asserted that the efforts to free the country from corruption should flow from top to bottom and the big fishes should be caught first.
Meanwhile without naming Rahul Gandhi, another Team Anna member Kumar Vishwas pulled up the Congress general secretary over his initiatives to meet Dalit families.
"A Yuvraj is one who makes it sure before taking his meal that nobody in his Praja remains hungry," Vishwas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof