`Guj polls will decide Modi’s fate as PM candidate`
New Delhi: Voicing support for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, BJP’s Bihar unit chief CP Thakur on Tuesday said that the results of the Assembly Elections will decide if the latter would become the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
Speaking to a TV news channel, Thakur said, “Modi could be a frontrunner if he gets a thumping majority in the December Assembly Elections.”
The comments from the Bihar BJP chief hold significance in the backdrop of an announcement by the party president Nitin Gadkari that the prime ministerial candidate`s name will be decided only after the 2014 General Elections.
Interestingly, the BJP`s partner in power in Bihar, Nitish Kumar of the Janata Dal (United) is also strongly opposed to Modi`s candidature.
Launching a blistering attack on the UPA government, the Gujarat Chief Minister on Monday hit out directly at PM Manmohan Singh, calling him “Maun-mohan Singh”.
The Gujarat CM further slammed the UPA government’s “insensitivity towards aam aadmi”.
Addressing an election rally in Mandi district, Modi started by mocking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who had yesterday addressed a rally at Una district in Himachal Pradesh.
Modi said, “Today’s biggest news is that ‘Maun-mohan’ Singh broke his maun (silence)”.
Modi was referring to PM’s Sunday campaign rally in Una district, where he had slammed the BJP, saying that the saffron party has not done much for the state.
“In the last eight years whatever development work has taken place here is all due to the financial support provided by the UPA government”, the PM had said.
Slamming the UPA government for inflation and cap on LPG cylinders, Modi came down heavily upon Congress, saying, “Has the PM said a single word about price rise? Shouldn’t he apologise?”
Slamming the limit on LPG cylinders, Modi blamed the UPA government for “snatching the cylinders” from aam aadmi and reasoned that “in a cold state like Himachal Pradesh, one needs to heat the food items again and again” which further increases the need for subsidised gas cylinders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed