Gursharan visits Dhaka gurdwara
Dhaka: Gursharan Kaur, wife of visiting
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday paid obeisance at the
Nanakshahi Gurdwara in the Dhaka University campus and prayed
for world peace.
Kaur spent about half an hour at the Gurdwara and was
shown around the shrine by the Gurdwara Management Committee
general secretary Narayan Ravidas Pappu.
Pappu later told mediapersons that the Prime Minister`s
wife prayed for world peace and was presented a "shiropa".
She also donated Taka 10,000 to the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?