Hang me, I am guilty: Delhi gang-rape accused to court
New Delhi: In a crucial development in the Delhi gang-rape case, three of the four arrested accused – Mukesh Singh, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma – were produced before a city court on Wednesday, where two of them confessed to their crime.
The three were produced before a court in Saket. The court remanded Pawan and Vinay to four-day police custody, while Mukesh was sent to judicial custody for 14 days.
Vinay Sharma confessed to beating up the victim’s male friend and demanded that he be hanged.
“I have committed a horrible crime. I had beaten up the boy. I should be hanged,” Vinay told the court.
Pawan also said he had committed a “heinous act” and was ashamed of himself, but refused to undergo an identification parade.
The third accused, Mukesh – who is the brother of main accused Ram Singh – did not confess to the crime but agreed to undergo identification test by the victim`s male friend.
The court said Mukesh would undergo identification test tomorrow at Tihar Jail.
Ram Singh, the driver of the bus, was yesterday sent to five-day police custody.
In a related development one of the two absconding accused, Akshay Thakur, has been detained in Aurangabad, Bihar. He is being brought to Delhi.
Police teams are also looking out for the last accused, Raju.
While Vinay Sharma, a gym instructor, was arrested yesterday morning, Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh and Pawan Gupta alias Kalu, a fruit seller, were arrested from Ravidas Camp slum in RK Puram area of South Delhi earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what