Hang me, I am guilty: Delhi gang-rape accused to court
New Delhi: In a crucial development in the Delhi gang-rape case, three of the four arrested accused – Mukesh Singh, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma – were produced before a city court on Wednesday, where two of them confessed to their crime.
The three were produced before a court in Saket. The court remanded Pawan and Vinay to four-day police custody, while Mukesh was sent to judicial custody for 14 days.
Vinay Sharma confessed to beating up the victim’s male friend and demanded that he be hanged.
“I have committed a horrible crime. I had beaten up the boy. I should be hanged,” Vinay told the court.
Pawan also said he had committed a “heinous act” and was ashamed of himself, but refused to undergo an identification parade.
The third accused, Mukesh – who is the brother of main accused Ram Singh – did not confess to the crime but agreed to undergo identification test by the victim`s male friend.
The court said Mukesh would undergo identification test tomorrow at Tihar Jail.
Ram Singh, the driver of the bus, was yesterday sent to five-day police custody.
In a related development one of the two absconding accused, Akshay Thakur, has been detained in Aurangabad, Bihar. He is being brought to Delhi.
Police teams are also looking out for the last accused, Raju.
While Vinay Sharma, a gym instructor, was arrested yesterday morning, Ram Singh, his brother Mukesh and Pawan Gupta alias Kalu, a fruit seller, were arrested from Ravidas Camp slum in RK Puram area of South Delhi earlier.
- BSF to hoist tallest national flag at Attari-Wagah border, will be visible from Lahore!
- Illegal construction: UP CM suspends MLA Rampal Yadav from party
- Good news! Datsun redi-Go pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- Bangladesh PM a jihadi sympathizer, says Taslima Nasreen after editor hacked to death
- Anurag Thakur presents private member bill on sports in Lok Sabha, seeks to eliminate doping practices, match fixing