Hazare`s fast not to be in Delhi: Bedi
New Delhi: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi today
ruled out Delhi as the venue for Anna Hazare`s fast against
Lokpal Bill from December 27, citing winter chill in the
"Delhi option won`t be open because it is too cold then,
It cannot be the venue. You got to respect his age and then
sitting through the night...but not only Anna`s age and cold
but then there will be many other people who will fast with
him," she told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"So we have to be in Mumbai. If the government does not
give us public land then Anna has said that all of us will go
to jail," she said.
Hazare had earlier announced that he will launch his
protest at Ramlila Maidan but changed it to Mumbai in the wake
of the weather in the capital.
Asked about proposal to provide quota for minorities in
Lokpal Bench and Search Committee, she said, "We have to go by
two things..one is govt policy and the other is judgements by
the courts. There is a laid down policy on this issue by the
government and the courts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday