Hazare`s fast not to be in Delhi: Bedi
New Delhi: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi today
ruled out Delhi as the venue for Anna Hazare`s fast against
Lokpal Bill from December 27, citing winter chill in the
"Delhi option won`t be open because it is too cold then,
It cannot be the venue. You got to respect his age and then
sitting through the night...but not only Anna`s age and cold
but then there will be many other people who will fast with
him," she told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"So we have to be in Mumbai. If the government does not
give us public land then Anna has said that all of us will go
to jail," she said.
Hazare had earlier announced that he will launch his
protest at Ramlila Maidan but changed it to Mumbai in the wake
of the weather in the capital.
Asked about proposal to provide quota for minorities in
Lokpal Bench and Search Committee, she said, "We have to go by
two things..one is govt policy and the other is judgements by
the courts. There is a laid down policy on this issue by the
government and the courts."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal