HC orders release of Amar Singh`s passport
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh was
allowed on Tuesday by the Delhi High Court to secure his passport
from a city court on the ground that he needs it for his
frequent travels abroad for medical treatment.
Justice Suresh Kait ordered release of Singh`s passport,
confiscated as per one of the stipulations for grant of bail
to him in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam, after modifying the
The court also permitted Singh not to seek the trial
court`s permission every time he has to go abroad for his
treatment. It, however, asked him to furnish his stay
particulars to the trial court as and when he goes abroad.
The court`s order came on Singh`s plea, seeking changes
in the conditions on which he was granted bail by the high
court on October 24 on the ground of his frail health. He had
also sought release of his passport on the ground that the
passports of other accused in the case had not been seized.
Appearing for Singh, his counsel Hariharan submitted to
the court that his client needs to undertake travels abroad
more frequently for his medical treatment, but every time he
has to go abroad, he first needs to take court`s permission.
Singh has been booked under the Prevention of Corruption
Act and the IPC in the cash-for-vote case and had been sent to
Tihar Jail by a Delhi court on September 6.
He was, however, taken to AIIMS in custody on September
12 after a bout of vomiting and diarrhoea in jail and was
later granted bail by the high court due to his health
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray