Headley`s wife congratulated him for the Mumbai attacks
Chicago: Viewing the terror strikes unfold in Mumbai on television, David Headley`s first wife Shazia used code words like "I am watching cartoons" to convey to him that he had "graduated", a term she used for success of the 26/11 strikes.
"I`ve been watching these cartoons (attacks) all day and I am proud of you," Shazia wrote in an email to 50-year-old Mumbai accused during the strikes.
In her congratulatory message, Shazia also mentioned how proud she was to see his graduation (success of attacks), Headley told a Chicago court today on the fourth day of the trial of co-accused Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana.
He told Defence Attorney Patrick W Belgan in court that after the Mumbai attacks began many people congratulated him, besides Shazia.
Shazia was even aware about Headley planning Denmark attacks and had booked plane tickets for him from Denmark to Frankfurt to Dubai and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family