Headley`s wife congratulated him for the Mumbai attacks
Chicago: Viewing the terror strikes unfold in Mumbai on television, David Headley`s first wife Shazia used code words like "I am watching cartoons" to convey to him that he had "graduated", a term she used for success of the 26/11 strikes.
"I`ve been watching these cartoons (attacks) all day and I am proud of you," Shazia wrote in an email to 50-year-old Mumbai accused during the strikes.
In her congratulatory message, Shazia also mentioned how proud she was to see his graduation (success of attacks), Headley told a Chicago court today on the fourth day of the trial of co-accused Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana.
He told Defence Attorney Patrick W Belgan in court that after the Mumbai attacks began many people congratulated him, besides Shazia.
Shazia was even aware about Headley planning Denmark attacks and had booked plane tickets for him from Denmark to Frankfurt to Dubai and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional