Headley`s wife congratulated him for the Mumbai attacks
Chicago: Viewing the terror strikes unfold in Mumbai on television, David Headley`s first wife Shazia used code words like "I am watching cartoons" to convey to him that he had "graduated", a term she used for success of the 26/11 strikes.
"I`ve been watching these cartoons (attacks) all day and I am proud of you," Shazia wrote in an email to 50-year-old Mumbai accused during the strikes.
In her congratulatory message, Shazia also mentioned how proud she was to see his graduation (success of attacks), Headley told a Chicago court today on the fourth day of the trial of co-accused Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana.
He told Defence Attorney Patrick W Belgan in court that after the Mumbai attacks began many people congratulated him, besides Shazia.
Shazia was even aware about Headley planning Denmark attacks and had booked plane tickets for him from Denmark to Frankfurt to Dubai and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog