Headley`s wife congratulated him for the Mumbai attacks
Chicago: Viewing the terror strikes unfold in Mumbai on television, David Headley`s first wife Shazia used code words like "I am watching cartoons" to convey to him that he had "graduated", a term she used for success of the 26/11 strikes.
"I`ve been watching these cartoons (attacks) all day and I am proud of you," Shazia wrote in an email to 50-year-old Mumbai accused during the strikes.
In her congratulatory message, Shazia also mentioned how proud she was to see his graduation (success of attacks), Headley told a Chicago court today on the fourth day of the trial of co-accused Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana.
He told Defence Attorney Patrick W Belgan in court that after the Mumbai attacks began many people congratulated him, besides Shazia.
Shazia was even aware about Headley planning Denmark attacks and had booked plane tickets for him from Denmark to Frankfurt to Dubai and Pakistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!