Health insurance scheme for government employees
New Delhi: Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Friday said a health insurance scheme will be introduced for the central government employees.
"The central government is contemplating introduction of a health insurance scheme for the central government employees and pensioners in consultation with other concerned ministries and departments," Azad told the Lok Sabha during question hour.
"The proposal is to make this scheme on voluntary cum contributory basis for serving employees and pensioners except for new joinees in respect of whom it is proposed to be on mandatory cum contributory basis," the minister said.
He, however, said that no time frame can be given for the introduction of the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why