Health insurance scheme for government employees
New Delhi: Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Friday said a health insurance scheme will be introduced for the central government employees.
"The central government is contemplating introduction of a health insurance scheme for the central government employees and pensioners in consultation with other concerned ministries and departments," Azad told the Lok Sabha during question hour.
"The proposal is to make this scheme on voluntary cum contributory basis for serving employees and pensioners except for new joinees in respect of whom it is proposed to be on mandatory cum contributory basis," the minister said.
He, however, said that no time frame can be given for the introduction of the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt