Health insurance scheme for government employees
New Delhi: Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Friday said a health insurance scheme will be introduced for the central government employees.
"The central government is contemplating introduction of a health insurance scheme for the central government employees and pensioners in consultation with other concerned ministries and departments," Azad told the Lok Sabha during question hour.
"The proposal is to make this scheme on voluntary cum contributory basis for serving employees and pensioners except for new joinees in respect of whom it is proposed to be on mandatory cum contributory basis," the minister said.
He, however, said that no time frame can be given for the introduction of the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?