Heat wave claims 7 lives in Gujarat; N India boils
New Delhi: The heat wave claimed seven lives
in Gujarat while northern belt continued to reel under intense
hot conditions today with the mercury settling above the
45-degree mark at several places.
Seven people, including a girl, died as intense heat
gripped Gujarat where Idar endured a hot day at 46.4 degrees
and Deesa 46.2 C. Two of the deaths were reported from
Ahmedabad, which recorded a high of 45.8 C, where 29 people
have died due to heat stroke since May 20.
Rajasthan`s Barmer was the hottest across the country at
48.1 degrees. Elsewhere in the desert state, Bikaner,
Srigangangar and Jodhpur recorded a day temperature of 47.5 C,
47.1 C and 46.4 C respectively.
Delhiites had to bear with scorching heat as the maximum
settled at 43.6 degree Celsius, three notches above normal,
while the minimum was recorded at 30.7 degrees.
The heat wave also prevailed in most parts of Punjab and
Haryana where Hisar baked at 47 C, six degrees above normal,
followed by Ludhiana 42.5 C and Patiala 42 C.
Amristsar recorded a day temperature of 41.7 C while it
was 41.1 C each in Chandigarh and Ambala.
In Maharashtra, Jalgaon district reeled under extreme hot
conditions as Bhusawal recorded 48 degree Celsius, followed by
Jalgaon 45.9 degrees.
In the Vidarbha region, Akola recorded a temperature of
46.8 degree Celsius, while Wardha and Chandrapur sizzled at
46 C and 45.5 C respectively.
Meanwhile, mercury fell slightly in Himachal Pradesh with
picturesque Shimla recording a maximum of 29.1 degrees against
30.2 C yesterday. The day temperature in Una, hottest place in
the hill state, settled at 42.2 C against 44 C the previous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you