Heat wave claims 7 lives in Gujarat; N India boils
New Delhi: The heat wave claimed seven lives
in Gujarat while northern belt continued to reel under intense
hot conditions today with the mercury settling above the
45-degree mark at several places.
Seven people, including a girl, died as intense heat
gripped Gujarat where Idar endured a hot day at 46.4 degrees
and Deesa 46.2 C. Two of the deaths were reported from
Ahmedabad, which recorded a high of 45.8 C, where 29 people
have died due to heat stroke since May 20.
Rajasthan`s Barmer was the hottest across the country at
48.1 degrees. Elsewhere in the desert state, Bikaner,
Srigangangar and Jodhpur recorded a day temperature of 47.5 C,
47.1 C and 46.4 C respectively.
Delhiites had to bear with scorching heat as the maximum
settled at 43.6 degree Celsius, three notches above normal,
while the minimum was recorded at 30.7 degrees.
The heat wave also prevailed in most parts of Punjab and
Haryana where Hisar baked at 47 C, six degrees above normal,
followed by Ludhiana 42.5 C and Patiala 42 C.
Amristsar recorded a day temperature of 41.7 C while it
was 41.1 C each in Chandigarh and Ambala.
In Maharashtra, Jalgaon district reeled under extreme hot
conditions as Bhusawal recorded 48 degree Celsius, followed by
Jalgaon 45.9 degrees.
In the Vidarbha region, Akola recorded a temperature of
46.8 degree Celsius, while Wardha and Chandrapur sizzled at
46 C and 45.5 C respectively.
Meanwhile, mercury fell slightly in Himachal Pradesh with
picturesque Shimla recording a maximum of 29.1 degrees against
30.2 C yesterday. The day temperature in Una, hottest place in
the hill state, settled at 42.2 C against 44 C the previous
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?