Heritage havelis` `sale` rocks Rajasthan Assembly
Jaipur: Alleged sale of heritage havelis in
Jaipur`s Amber fort area today led to uproarious scenes in the
Rajasthan Assembly with ruling Congress and Opposition BJP
trading charges over the issue, leading to adjournment of the
House for an hour.
During the Question Hour, Congress and BJP blamed each
other`s governments on a question put up by Ramnarayan Meena
(Congress) regarding the sale of heritage havelis.
Tourism, Art and Culture Minister Bina Kak said no haveli
or protected monument under the jurisdiction of the department
has been sold out.
However, three privately owned havelis were sold out to
private buyers, two of which were bought by Heritage City
Conservation Private Limited, she said.
In the notified area the protected heritage property,
monument and havelis were safe and a few local encroachers,
specially small vendors, were removed, Kak said.
Meena, however, termed Kak`s reply as "incomplete and
As he stated that the minister had given a "clean chit"
to the previous BJP government, the party MLAs rushed to
the well and shouted anti-Congress slogans.
Congress MLAs Raghu Sharma and Pratap Singh Khachariwas
claimed they have papers on havelis` illegal sale during the
As the noisy scenes halted the Question Hour proceedings,
the Speaker adjourned the House for an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price