Heritage havelis` `sale` rocks Rajasthan Assembly
Jaipur: Alleged sale of heritage havelis in
Jaipur`s Amber fort area today led to uproarious scenes in the
Rajasthan Assembly with ruling Congress and Opposition BJP
trading charges over the issue, leading to adjournment of the
House for an hour.
During the Question Hour, Congress and BJP blamed each
other`s governments on a question put up by Ramnarayan Meena
(Congress) regarding the sale of heritage havelis.
Tourism, Art and Culture Minister Bina Kak said no haveli
or protected monument under the jurisdiction of the department
has been sold out.
However, three privately owned havelis were sold out to
private buyers, two of which were bought by Heritage City
Conservation Private Limited, she said.
In the notified area the protected heritage property,
monument and havelis were safe and a few local encroachers,
specially small vendors, were removed, Kak said.
Meena, however, termed Kak`s reply as "incomplete and
As he stated that the minister had given a "clean chit"
to the previous BJP government, the party MLAs rushed to
the well and shouted anti-Congress slogans.
Congress MLAs Raghu Sharma and Pratap Singh Khachariwas
claimed they have papers on havelis` illegal sale during the
As the noisy scenes halted the Question Hour proceedings,
the Speaker adjourned the House for an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened