Highest no of complaints of irregularities in MNREGA from UP
New Delhi: The largest number of complaints
relating to irregularities in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme up to March 2010
was received from UP followed by Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan,
Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
The government received a total of 1,327 complaints of
irregularities in implementation of MNREGA up to March 2010,
Minister of State for Rural Development Pradeep Jain Aditya
told Rajya Sabha in a written reply to a question.
The maximum number of 419 complaints were received from
Uttar Pradesh, followed by 231 from Madhya Pradesh and 18 from
Rajasthan, he said.
Replying to a query on compensation given to MNREGA
workers on account of delayed wage payment, the MoS said a
total of Rs 13,83,06 was paid for this purpose till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter