Highest no of complaints of irregularities in MNREGA from UP
New Delhi: The largest number of complaints
relating to irregularities in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme up to March 2010
was received from UP followed by Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan,
Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
The government received a total of 1,327 complaints of
irregularities in implementation of MNREGA up to March 2010,
Minister of State for Rural Development Pradeep Jain Aditya
told Rajya Sabha in a written reply to a question.
The maximum number of 419 complaints were received from
Uttar Pradesh, followed by 231 from Madhya Pradesh and 18 from
Rajasthan, he said.
Replying to a query on compensation given to MNREGA
workers on account of delayed wage payment, the MoS said a
total of Rs 13,83,06 was paid for this purpose till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries