Highest no of complaints of irregularities in MNREGA from UP
New Delhi: The largest number of complaints
relating to irregularities in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme up to March 2010
was received from UP followed by Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan,
Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
The government received a total of 1,327 complaints of
irregularities in implementation of MNREGA up to March 2010,
Minister of State for Rural Development Pradeep Jain Aditya
told Rajya Sabha in a written reply to a question.
The maximum number of 419 complaints were received from
Uttar Pradesh, followed by 231 from Madhya Pradesh and 18 from
Rajasthan, he said.
Replying to a query on compensation given to MNREGA
workers on account of delayed wage payment, the MoS said a
total of Rs 13,83,06 was paid for this purpose till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened