Highest no of complaints of irregularities in MNREGA from UP
New Delhi: The largest number of complaints
relating to irregularities in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme up to March 2010
was received from UP followed by Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan,
Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
The government received a total of 1,327 complaints of
irregularities in implementation of MNREGA up to March 2010,
Minister of State for Rural Development Pradeep Jain Aditya
told Rajya Sabha in a written reply to a question.
The maximum number of 419 complaints were received from
Uttar Pradesh, followed by 231 from Madhya Pradesh and 18 from
Rajasthan, he said.
Replying to a query on compensation given to MNREGA
workers on account of delayed wage payment, the MoS said a
total of Rs 13,83,06 was paid for this purpose till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley