Highest no of complaints of irregularities in MNREGA from UP
New Delhi: The largest number of complaints
relating to irregularities in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme up to March 2010
was received from UP followed by Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan,
Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
The government received a total of 1,327 complaints of
irregularities in implementation of MNREGA up to March 2010,
Minister of State for Rural Development Pradeep Jain Aditya
told Rajya Sabha in a written reply to a question.
The maximum number of 419 complaints were received from
Uttar Pradesh, followed by 231 from Madhya Pradesh and 18 from
Rajasthan, he said.
Replying to a query on compensation given to MNREGA
workers on account of delayed wage payment, the MoS said a
total of Rs 13,83,06 was paid for this purpose till date.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed