Hindu terror: BJP launches nationwide protests against Shinde
New Delhi: Bhartiya Janata Party on Thursday held protest demonstrations at various places in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh against Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s remarks on `Hindu terror` during the recent Congress conclave in Jaipur.
In Chandigarh, party activists led by the City unit President, Sanjay Tandon raised slogans against Shinde and demanded his immediate sacking over his controversial remarks.
The protest was part of nation-wide demonstrations being held by the party against Shinde`s remarks.
Police used mild force to disburse the slogan-shouting demonstrators here and also took some of the activists into preventive custody in violation of Section 144, which prohibits assembly of five or more persons.
Meanwhile, similar protests were held at some places in Punjab including Phagwara, where the BJP activists burnt Shinde`s effigy to express their resentment.
Addressing the protest demonstration, Punjab BJP leader and State`s Chief Parliamentary Secretary, Local Bodies, Som Parkash, and other party leaders from Phagwara termed Shinde`s statement "as divisive and helpful to terrorists and their patrons in Pakistan".
Calling RSS and BJP as nationalist and patriotic bodies, they demanded that Shinde should tender public apology to the nation, withdraw his alleged "blasphemous statement" and be sacked as minister.
In Haryana, protest demonstrations were held at Ambala, Rohtak, Panchkula and other places as part of the nationwide protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday