Hinduism does not favour conversions: RSS chief
Kochi: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday said that Hinduism does not favour conversions.
"Hinduism doesn`t accept conversions. Hindus try to reverse conversions," Bhagwat said, inaugurating a Rs 18 crore convention centre of the RSS here, the first of its kind in Kerala.
"Conversions are not necessary. If you have the basic human values, what you wear, what you eat and what you pray all these are immaterial," he said, adding, Hindu society needs to spread this message world over.
All round progress of Hindu society is not for its own sake, but for the betterment of the whole world, he noted.
Former ISRO chairman, G Madhavan Nair said changes in the education sector was needed as it had become highly commercialised.
Those coming out of colleges are not employable, which needs to be changed, he said, adding, there is need for imparting value-based education.
Nair also stressed the need for promoting entrepreneurship rather than going for jobs in government or multi-national companies.
The air-conditioned convention centre, built in 75,000 square feet area with state-of-the-art auditorium to accommodate 1500 persons, has been dedicated to the memory of K Bhaskar Rao, who spent his entire life for Kerala`s Hindu renaissance.
VHP leader Ashok Singhal was among those present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...