Hinduism does not favour conversions: RSS chief
Kochi: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday said that Hinduism does not favour conversions.
"Hinduism doesn`t accept conversions. Hindus try to reverse conversions," Bhagwat said, inaugurating a Rs 18 crore convention centre of the RSS here, the first of its kind in Kerala.
"Conversions are not necessary. If you have the basic human values, what you wear, what you eat and what you pray all these are immaterial," he said, adding, Hindu society needs to spread this message world over.
All round progress of Hindu society is not for its own sake, but for the betterment of the whole world, he noted.
Former ISRO chairman, G Madhavan Nair said changes in the education sector was needed as it had become highly commercialised.
Those coming out of colleges are not employable, which needs to be changed, he said, adding, there is need for imparting value-based education.
Nair also stressed the need for promoting entrepreneurship rather than going for jobs in government or multi-national companies.
The air-conditioned convention centre, built in 75,000 square feet area with state-of-the-art auditorium to accommodate 1500 persons, has been dedicated to the memory of K Bhaskar Rao, who spent his entire life for Kerala`s Hindu renaissance.
VHP leader Ashok Singhal was among those present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's