Hinduism does not favour conversions: RSS chief
Kochi: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday said that Hinduism does not favour conversions.
"Hinduism doesn`t accept conversions. Hindus try to reverse conversions," Bhagwat said, inaugurating a Rs 18 crore convention centre of the RSS here, the first of its kind in Kerala.
"Conversions are not necessary. If you have the basic human values, what you wear, what you eat and what you pray all these are immaterial," he said, adding, Hindu society needs to spread this message world over.
All round progress of Hindu society is not for its own sake, but for the betterment of the whole world, he noted.
Former ISRO chairman, G Madhavan Nair said changes in the education sector was needed as it had become highly commercialised.
Those coming out of colleges are not employable, which needs to be changed, he said, adding, there is need for imparting value-based education.
Nair also stressed the need for promoting entrepreneurship rather than going for jobs in government or multi-national companies.
The air-conditioned convention centre, built in 75,000 square feet area with state-of-the-art auditorium to accommodate 1500 persons, has been dedicated to the memory of K Bhaskar Rao, who spent his entire life for Kerala`s Hindu renaissance.
VHP leader Ashok Singhal was among those present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information