Hinduism does not favour conversions: RSS chief
Kochi: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday said that Hinduism does not favour conversions.
"Hinduism doesn`t accept conversions. Hindus try to reverse conversions," Bhagwat said, inaugurating a Rs 18 crore convention centre of the RSS here, the first of its kind in Kerala.
"Conversions are not necessary. If you have the basic human values, what you wear, what you eat and what you pray all these are immaterial," he said, adding, Hindu society needs to spread this message world over.
All round progress of Hindu society is not for its own sake, but for the betterment of the whole world, he noted.
Former ISRO chairman, G Madhavan Nair said changes in the education sector was needed as it had become highly commercialised.
Those coming out of colleges are not employable, which needs to be changed, he said, adding, there is need for imparting value-based education.
Nair also stressed the need for promoting entrepreneurship rather than going for jobs in government or multi-national companies.
The air-conditioned convention centre, built in 75,000 square feet area with state-of-the-art auditorium to accommodate 1500 persons, has been dedicated to the memory of K Bhaskar Rao, who spent his entire life for Kerala`s Hindu renaissance.
VHP leader Ashok Singhal was among those present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy