Home Ministers of both countries to meet at Indo-Bangla border
Kolkata: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and his Bangladeshi counterpart will be present at the Indo-Bangla border`s Petrapole-Benapole post to flag-off the joint retreat ceremony between border forces of the two countries.
Shinde along with Bangladesh Home Minister Muhiuddin Khan Alamgir will be present at the Petrapole-Benapole border on Wednesday, a BSF officer said, adding, that the director general of BSF along with his Bangladeshi counterpart of Border Guard Bangladesh will also be there.
The India-Bangladesh border will witness Beating Retreat ceremonies like the Indo-Pak border at Wagah thrice a week by the border security forces of the two countries.
The ceremonies in the two states of West Bengal and Tripura have been planned on the lines of the Wagah Border, but with the difference that they will basically be a cultural affair where songs of Rabindranath Tagore and Kavi Nazrul Islam will be sung, the officer said.
The Beating Retreat ceremony at Wagah in Punjab is marked by aggressive body language and parade by soldiers of both sides, which attracts hundreds of tourists everyday.
The ceremonies at Petrapole-Benapole, Changrabandha and Siliguri in West Bengal and Akhaura in Tripura, is also expected to attract locals and school children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read