Home Ministers of both countries to meet at Indo-Bangla border
Kolkata: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and his Bangladeshi counterpart will be present at the Indo-Bangla border`s Petrapole-Benapole post to flag-off the joint retreat ceremony between border forces of the two countries.
Shinde along with Bangladesh Home Minister Muhiuddin Khan Alamgir will be present at the Petrapole-Benapole border on Wednesday, a BSF officer said, adding, that the director general of BSF along with his Bangladeshi counterpart of Border Guard Bangladesh will also be there.
The India-Bangladesh border will witness Beating Retreat ceremonies like the Indo-Pak border at Wagah thrice a week by the border security forces of the two countries.
The ceremonies in the two states of West Bengal and Tripura have been planned on the lines of the Wagah Border, but with the difference that they will basically be a cultural affair where songs of Rabindranath Tagore and Kavi Nazrul Islam will be sung, the officer said.
The Beating Retreat ceremony at Wagah in Punjab is marked by aggressive body language and parade by soldiers of both sides, which attracts hundreds of tourists everyday.
The ceremonies at Petrapole-Benapole, Changrabandha and Siliguri in West Bengal and Akhaura in Tripura, is also expected to attract locals and school children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores