Honey-trapped case: Govt ensures suitable action
New Delhi: Defence Ministry on Wednesday said it
will take suitable action if any wrongdoing is found against
a Lieutenant Colonel who was allegedly honey-trapped and
blackmailed by the ISI in Bangladesh.
"The Ministry will certainly take cognizance of the
reports that have come from the Ministry. We will definitely
take suitable action if any wrongdoing is found," Minister of
State for Defence M M Pallam Raju told reporters here.
The Minister was asked about the action that the Defence
Ministry was planning to take against the Army officer.
Sources said the Ministry has also sought a detailed
report on the issue from the Army.
A Court of Inquiry (CoI) has been ordered against the
officer whose name has been withheld by the Army Headquarters
The Infantry officer was doing his Staff College course
in the Bangladesh`s Military Academy in Dhaka.
Army sources said the officer was honey-trapped by a
woman whom he had met at a party in Dhaka two months ago and
was then later approached by agents of Pakistan`s intelligence
Armed with alleged tapes of the officer and the woman
together, the officer was asked by the ISI agents to spy for
Pakistan, the sources had said.
The officer reported the incident to the Indian High
Commission in Dhaka and he was immediately recalled to India,
The CoI against the officer is being headed by a senior
officer. As per Army Rules, establishing any such intimate
relations with other than permissible people is prohibited and
is a punishable offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range