Hooch toll rises to 44
Ghaziabad: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit Ghaziabad and Bulandshahr districts reached 44, officials said here on Friday.
With the death of five more persons in Ghaziabad yesterday, the toll in the district rose to 26, District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar said.
Similarly, three more persons died in Bulandshahr yesterday taking the toll in the district to 18, the officials said.
About 30 more persons from both the districts are still admitted in hospitals in Meerut, Hapur, Garhmukteshwar, Ghaziabad Bulandshahr and Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'