Hooch toll rises to 44
Ghaziabad: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit Ghaziabad and Bulandshahr districts reached 44, officials said here on Friday.
With the death of five more persons in Ghaziabad yesterday, the toll in the district rose to 26, District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar said.
Similarly, three more persons died in Bulandshahr yesterday taking the toll in the district to 18, the officials said.
About 30 more persons from both the districts are still admitted in hospitals in Meerut, Hapur, Garhmukteshwar, Ghaziabad Bulandshahr and Delhi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon