Hopeful of running Parliament smoothly: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Despite SP and BSP at loggerheads over a bill which seeks to provide quota in promotion for SCs and STs in government jobs, the government on Wednesday said it was hopeful of finding a solution to run Parliament smoothly.
"We will find a solution...We are slowly moving ahead," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath told reporters here.
Asked about frequent disruptions caused by the two parties, he said he will hold discussions with them to ensure that the two Houses run smoothly. "All solutions will be found," he said.
When pressed further on the tough stand adopted by the two Uttar Pradesh parties, Nath said, "I certainly can`t resolve it through the cameras."
While BSP wants the government to bring the bill for consideration in Rajya Sabha where it is pending, SP has maintained that it was unconstitutional and would deprive 80 per cent of employees of promotional avenues.
SP MPs have threatened to disrupt Rajya Sabha every day, if needed, to prevent a debate on the bill.
Agitated over the delay in consideration of the bill, BSP chief Mayawati targeted Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari over disorder in the House for several days due to which the legislation could not be taken up for consideration and passage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?