Hopeful of running Parliament smoothly: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Despite SP and BSP at loggerheads over a bill which seeks to provide quota in promotion for SCs and STs in government jobs, the government on Wednesday said it was hopeful of finding a solution to run Parliament smoothly.
"We will find a solution...We are slowly moving ahead," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath told reporters here.
Asked about frequent disruptions caused by the two parties, he said he will hold discussions with them to ensure that the two Houses run smoothly. "All solutions will be found," he said.
When pressed further on the tough stand adopted by the two Uttar Pradesh parties, Nath said, "I certainly can`t resolve it through the cameras."
While BSP wants the government to bring the bill for consideration in Rajya Sabha where it is pending, SP has maintained that it was unconstitutional and would deprive 80 per cent of employees of promotional avenues.
SP MPs have threatened to disrupt Rajya Sabha every day, if needed, to prevent a debate on the bill.
Agitated over the delay in consideration of the bill, BSP chief Mayawati targeted Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari over disorder in the House for several days due to which the legislation could not be taken up for consideration and passage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in