HRD Min initiates setting up Education Commission
New Delhi: Initiating the process of setting
up an Education Commission announced by the Prime Minister
in his Independence Day speech, the HRD Ministry will soon
seek the views of various Ministries involved in the sector
about the proposed body, including on its broad contours.
The Commission will consider all aspects of education in a
comprehensive manner and make recommendations for improvements
at all levels of education in view of the major changes
witnessed over the years in this sector.
"We will soon write to the ministries seeking their views
and suggestions as the commission would look into the entire
gamut of education including agriculture education, vocational
and technical education etc," said a senior HRD Ministry
In his speech, the Prime Minister had said that as
vocational education and skill development have acquired new
importance and considering the "major changes", the government
has decided to appoint the commission.
The commission is expected to suggest strategies for the
education sector for the next 20 years, the direction in which
it should move and areas which need specific focus
contributing to the nation building process, the official
The suggestions could throw light on structured policies
which could stand the test of time in relations to technical,
vocation and higher education taking forward the momentum and
growth witnessed with the National Policy on Education, 1986,
The commission is also expected to delve deep into the
matter of elementary education and how education policies at
this level should be designed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert