HRD Min initiates setting up Education Commission
New Delhi: Initiating the process of setting
up an Education Commission announced by the Prime Minister
in his Independence Day speech, the HRD Ministry will soon
seek the views of various Ministries involved in the sector
about the proposed body, including on its broad contours.
The Commission will consider all aspects of education in a
comprehensive manner and make recommendations for improvements
at all levels of education in view of the major changes
witnessed over the years in this sector.
"We will soon write to the ministries seeking their views
and suggestions as the commission would look into the entire
gamut of education including agriculture education, vocational
and technical education etc," said a senior HRD Ministry
In his speech, the Prime Minister had said that as
vocational education and skill development have acquired new
importance and considering the "major changes", the government
has decided to appoint the commission.
The commission is expected to suggest strategies for the
education sector for the next 20 years, the direction in which
it should move and areas which need specific focus
contributing to the nation building process, the official
The suggestions could throw light on structured policies
which could stand the test of time in relations to technical,
vocation and higher education taking forward the momentum and
growth witnessed with the National Policy on Education, 1986,
The commission is also expected to delve deep into the
matter of elementary education and how education policies at
this level should be designed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption