I am being projected as dracula, Asaram tells SC
New Delhi: Spiritual guru Asaram told the Supreme Court he was being projected as a dracula who drank children`s blood, but the apex court Friday declined to restrain media - both print and visual - from carrying news reports about his conduct.
The apex court bench headed by Chief Justice P. Sathasivam said that it cannot ask media not to report on an information they get from police or other sources after Asaram`s counsel told the bench that the spiritual guru was being projected as a dracula.
The court told Asaram`s counsel he had other remedies and the apex court was not the only destination as it was told that media was reporting that the spiritual guru`s wife and daughter were supplying him girls.
Counsel told the court that he was not seeking to restrain the entire media, but only two news channels which were regularly carrying slanderous reports about Asaram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row