I am being projected as dracula, Asaram tells SC
New Delhi: Spiritual guru Asaram told the Supreme Court he was being projected as a dracula who drank children`s blood, but the apex court Friday declined to restrain media - both print and visual - from carrying news reports about his conduct.
The apex court bench headed by Chief Justice P. Sathasivam said that it cannot ask media not to report on an information they get from police or other sources after Asaram`s counsel told the bench that the spiritual guru was being projected as a dracula.
The court told Asaram`s counsel he had other remedies and the apex court was not the only destination as it was told that media was reporting that the spiritual guru`s wife and daughter were supplying him girls.
Counsel told the court that he was not seeking to restrain the entire media, but only two news channels which were regularly carrying slanderous reports about Asaram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!