I will pay IAF dues within three days of court order: Gowda
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister and JD-S chief
H D Deve Gowda today said he will pay Rs 54 lakh dues to the
Indian Air Force, which has approached the Delhi High Court to
recover the money.
"I will pay the entire dues once the high court orders.
Within three days of the order, I will pay the amount," he
told reporters here.
The IAF has approached the Delhi High Court to recover the
dues from Gowda for the use of its aircraft allegedly for
The IAF has been trying to recover the dues from the JD-S
chief since 1996-97.
Deve Gowda also said he met Governor H R Bhardwaj and
discussed with him the "the total breakdown of law and order
in the state", among other things.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred