IAF chief on US visit to strengthen security, defence ties
New Delhi: A wide range of bilateral issues on strengthening security and defence ties are expected to figure during IAF chief N A K Browne`s four-day visit to the United States beginning on Sunday.
The Air Chief Marshal, who left yesterday, is visiting the US at the invitation of his American counterpart General Mark A Welsh.
He will be taking the delivery of second C-17 heavylift transport aircraft for the Indian Air Force, an IAF statement said here.
During the visit, Browne is scheduled to hold talks with senior military leadership of that country including American Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen Martin E Dempsey, and Gen Herbert J "Hawk" Carlisle, Commander Pacific Air Forces.
The IAF chief is likely to discuss a wide range of bilateral issues on ongoing defence cooperation between the two countries to strengthen the growing US-India security and defence relationship, the statement said.
Browne will take the delivery of the second C-17 Globemaster III tomorrow during a ceremony at Boeing`s Long Beach final assembly facility in California.
He is also scheduled to visit US Cyber Command at Fort Meade and US Space Command located at Peterson Air Force base in Colorado.
Browne had graduated from Air Command and Staff College, Alabama in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule