IAF sergeant commits suicide
Nagpur: A middle-aged sergeant of the Indian Air Force (IAF) allegedly committed suicide at his residence here, police said on Friday.
Kuldeep Kumar, 45, ended his life yesterday by hanging himself from the roof of his official quarter at Vayu Sena Nagar in Maintenance Command of the IAF in the city.
No suicide note was found from the spot, police said.
The deceased was a physical training instructor with the Command and was under treatment for schizophrenia (a mental disorder), according to an official statement issued by Defence PRO Wing Commander Mahesh Upasani here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender