IAF sergeant commits suicide
Nagpur: A middle-aged sergeant of the Indian Air Force (IAF) allegedly committed suicide at his residence here, police said on Friday.
Kuldeep Kumar, 45, ended his life yesterday by hanging himself from the roof of his official quarter at Vayu Sena Nagar in Maintenance Command of the IAF in the city.
No suicide note was found from the spot, police said.
The deceased was a physical training instructor with the Command and was under treatment for schizophrenia (a mental disorder), according to an official statement issued by Defence PRO Wing Commander Mahesh Upasani here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...