IM has a second module led by Mirza Shadab Baig, reveals Yasin Bhatkal
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Yasin Bhatkal, the co-founder of Indian Mujahideen (IM) who was arrested recently, has reportedly revealed during a grilling session that the militant outfit has split in the recent past.
Reports on Wednesday claimed that the IM co-founder has made many startling revelations during his interrogation by the NIA, Delhi Police and intelligence agencies since his arrest recently.
The terror mastermind has also confirmed that there is a second module of IM, which is now being led by Mirza Shadab Baig.
Mirza Shadab Baig is an IM operative involved in every major blast in the country since 2005.
Bhatkal, one of the most wanted terrorists in India, is now behind the bars after being caught by a National Investigation Agency (NIA) team from the Indo-Nepal border, in a discreet operation, along with 13/7 Mumbai serial blasts case bomber Asadullah Akhtar alias Tabrez.
Yasin Bhatkal`s name was top in the NIA’s most wanted list of terrorists and is believed to be involved in around 40 blast cases and also carried a reward of Rs 35 lakh.
Meanwhile, it was also reported that Yasin Bhatkal was in touch with a few youths from Aurangabad and Beed districts of Maharashtra through a social networking website and had plans to set up a sleeper cell by recruiting youths through indoctrination.
A team from Maharashtra ATS is also likely to reach Delhi by Saturday morning to grill him further.
The interrogators are also hoping that Yasin will be able to provide them with credible inputs on the missing ISI link to the July 25, 2008 serial blasts in the Bangalore city. Fugitive Yasin Bhatkal is also accused in the Chinnaswamy stadium blasts, which was triggered on April 17, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand