Impartial probe against Govt, Team Anna:Kiran Bedi
Varanasi: Social activist and former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Kiran Bedi has called for an impartial probe against the government and Team Anna after union ministers laid allegations against the later.
Overseas Indian affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi and Minister of State in the Prime Minister``s Office (PMO) V Narayanasamy had called Team Anna anti-national and questioned their track record.
"Allegations against us, the ministers and the Prime Minister should be probed by a special investigation team not by the CBI because the CBI is under the government``s control. The CBI always does flip-flops," Bedi told media.
The Computer and Auditor General (CAG) has accused the government of extending ``undue benefits`` of more than ten trillion rupees to commercial entities by allotting 155 coal acreages during 2004-09 when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in-charge of the coal ministry.
"He (Manmohan Singh) allocated coal mines to companies which were not in need of it. Some of them were garment or cassettes making companies. Instead it should have allocated to power, steal and cement companies. The contract was renewed despite they had not begin mining. As a result, the government had to import the coal by spending our foreign exchange reserve," added Bedi.
Bedi had earlier compared Manmohan Singh with Mahabharata``s King Dhritarashtra, by saying that just like Dhritarashtra supported Kauravas, even after they attempted to disrobe Draupadi, the same way the Prime Minister is backing his ministers who were equal to Duryodhana.
Bedi`s comments came following a letter from the Prime Minister Office (PMO) to Anna Hazare declining their demand for appointing a SIT squad to investigate Singh and 14 Cabinet ministers for alleged acts of corruption.
Narayanasamy wrote a letter to Anna Hazare on Friday that allegations against the prime minister were based on a leaked draft of the CAG report and reports in the media.
The letter, which was released on Saturday, was in response to Team Anna``s letter of May 26 in which it charged Manmohan Singh and 14 cabinet ministers of "massive corruption" and asked for independent probe. Manmohan Singh was in charge of the coal portfolio from November 2006 to May 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon