Impt progress in Mumbai blasts probe: Home Secy
Thimphu: Investigation into the July 13
serial blasts in Mumbai has made "important progress" and the
probe was on right track, Union Home Secretary RK Singh said
"There is important progress in Mumbai," he told PTI when
asked whether there was any breakthrough in the probe into the
three blasts in the metropolis in which 20 people lost their
The Home Secretary said the investigation was on right
track but refused to disclose further.
Singh was on his way to Thimphu to attend the three-day
conference of the SAARC Interior/Home Ministers that began
In his first visit abroad after taking charge as Home
Secretary, he will review the progress made in the
implementation of the decisions taken at the previous meeting
held on June 25, 2010 at Islamabad.
The meeting will be followed by the fourth meeting of
SAARC Interior and Home Ministers tomorrow. Home Minister P
Chidambaram will be attending the meet.
Both the central security agencies and Maharashtra
Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) have scanned over one lakh phone
calls so far to nab the accused behind the deadly terrorist
attack in the country`s financial capital.
Several teams of investigators have been rushed to
various states including Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and
Gujarat in a bid to get leads in the case.
20 people were killed and over 130 injured in the triple
blasts at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House on July 13.
Maharashtra ATS has made a sketch of a probable suspect
in the Zaveri Bazar blast and has circulated it only to select
investigators and top informers.
About 501 people have been killed and nearly 2,200 others
have been injured in 13 terror attacks which have rocked
Maharashtra since 2002.
Police from neighbouring states are also extending
support to Maharashtra ATS and central intelligence agencies
to trace the accused behind the attack.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress chairperson Sonia
Gandhi and Home Minister P Chidambaram among others have
visited Mumbai after the blasts to express solidarity towards
Maharashtra government has announced a compensation of Rs
5 lakh to the families of those killed and Rs 50,000 to those
injured in the triple bomb blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in