Inclement weather stalls Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
New Delhi: The government on Monday cancelled the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra of batches 11-14 due to torrential rains and floods in Uttarakhand that have caused heavy damage.
After further reviewing the situation in Uttarakhand, stemming from torrential rain and flooding, it has been decided to cancel Batch No 11-14 of this year`s yatra, an External Affairs Ministry statement said.
Three key bridges along the yatra route at Elagad, Tawaghat and Kanjoti which were washed away are yet to be repaired and restored.
The state and local administrative authorities estimate that such restoration work may take up to one more month to complete.
A decision on whether Batch No 15-18 will proceed on the yatra will be taken at a further review in the last week of July.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani