Inclement weather stalls Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
New Delhi: The government on Monday cancelled the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra of batches 11-14 due to torrential rains and floods in Uttarakhand that have caused heavy damage.
After further reviewing the situation in Uttarakhand, stemming from torrential rain and flooding, it has been decided to cancel Batch No 11-14 of this year`s yatra, an External Affairs Ministry statement said.
Three key bridges along the yatra route at Elagad, Tawaghat and Kanjoti which were washed away are yet to be repaired and restored.
The state and local administrative authorities estimate that such restoration work may take up to one more month to complete.
A decision on whether Batch No 15-18 will proceed on the yatra will be taken at a further review in the last week of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges