Inclement weather stalls Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
New Delhi: The government on Monday cancelled the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra of batches 11-14 due to torrential rains and floods in Uttarakhand that have caused heavy damage.
After further reviewing the situation in Uttarakhand, stemming from torrential rain and flooding, it has been decided to cancel Batch No 11-14 of this year`s yatra, an External Affairs Ministry statement said.
Three key bridges along the yatra route at Elagad, Tawaghat and Kanjoti which were washed away are yet to be repaired and restored.
The state and local administrative authorities estimate that such restoration work may take up to one more month to complete.
A decision on whether Batch No 15-18 will proceed on the yatra will be taken at a further review in the last week of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan