Inclement weather stalls Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
New Delhi: The government on Monday cancelled the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra of batches 11-14 due to torrential rains and floods in Uttarakhand that have caused heavy damage.
After further reviewing the situation in Uttarakhand, stemming from torrential rain and flooding, it has been decided to cancel Batch No 11-14 of this year`s yatra, an External Affairs Ministry statement said.
Three key bridges along the yatra route at Elagad, Tawaghat and Kanjoti which were washed away are yet to be repaired and restored.
The state and local administrative authorities estimate that such restoration work may take up to one more month to complete.
A decision on whether Batch No 15-18 will proceed on the yatra will be taken at a further review in the last week of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best