Inclement weather stalls Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
New Delhi: The government on Monday cancelled the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra of batches 11-14 due to torrential rains and floods in Uttarakhand that have caused heavy damage.
After further reviewing the situation in Uttarakhand, stemming from torrential rain and flooding, it has been decided to cancel Batch No 11-14 of this year`s yatra, an External Affairs Ministry statement said.
Three key bridges along the yatra route at Elagad, Tawaghat and Kanjoti which were washed away are yet to be repaired and restored.
The state and local administrative authorities estimate that such restoration work may take up to one more month to complete.
A decision on whether Batch No 15-18 will proceed on the yatra will be taken at a further review in the last week of July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog