India for a detailed solution to West-Asia conflict: Tharoor
New Delhi: India on Wednesday said it was in the
interest of the global community to reach a "just,
comprehensive and negotiated" solution to the West-Asian
conflict, resulting in establishment of an independent United
State of Palestine living alongside Israel.
"It is in the interest of the entire international
community that a just and comprehensive solution can be
achieved resulting in a sovereign, independent, viable and
United State of Palestine living within secure and recognised
borders with East Jerusalem as its Capital, side by side and
at peace with the State of Israel," Minister of State for
External Affairs Shashi Tharoor said here.
The Minister was speaking at an event to mark the
International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
Tharoor added India supports a negotiated solution to
the West Asian conflict, which is essentially political in
nature and cannot be resolved by force and welcomed the
efforts to invigorate the peace process there.
Maintaining that India had vital stakes in the West
Asian peace process, he said, "continued expansion of
settlements (by Israel) is not helpful to resumption of the
peace process. We hope to see an early resumption of
On assistance to Palestine, The Minister said India
has increased its annual contribution to United Nations Relief
and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees to one million
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi