India, Hungary sign MoUs on defence cooperation, joint research
New Delhi: An agreement for the transfer of knowhow in the field of biological and chemical warfare was among six MoUs signed between Hungary and India as part of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban`s visit to the country.
The Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in areas of defensive aspects of microbiological and radiological detection and protection was signed between the Ministries of Defence of the two countries in the presence of Orban and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The above MoU was signed by the Scientific Adviser to India`s Defence Minister, Avinash Chander, and Hungary`s Minister for National Resources, Zoltan Balog.
The two countries also decided to double to Euros 2 million their contribution to the Indo-Hungarian Strategic Research Fund for collaborative research.
The Letter of Intent in this regard was agreed upon between India`s Department of Science and Technology and the National Innovation Office of Hungary. It was signed between Minister of State for External Affairs, Preneet Kaur, and Hungary`s Minister of National Economy, Mihaly Varga.
Kaur signed another agreement on a cultural exchange programme between the two nations with Hungarian Minister Balog. The cooperation would be in the field of art and culture, conservation techniques for museums, exchange of curators/exhibition designers, scientists and conservators.
An MoU was signed on enhancing the use of traditional systems of medicine along with promotion of mutual exchange of information and experts for training of practitioners, paramedics, scientists, teaching professionals and students in traditional medicine.
The above MoU was signed between the Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Santosh Chowdhary, and Balog on behalf of the Hungarian Ministry of Human Resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony