India keen to have energy cooperation Azerbaijan
Baku: India is keen to have energy cooperation with oil-rich Azerbaijan, a senior Indian diplomat has said, as the two countries held talks to strengthen
bilateral ties in the political, trade, economic, and cultural fields.
The third round of the India-Azerbaijan Foreign Office
Consultations was held in Azerbaijan`s capital Baku on 22-24
September during which both sides agreed to strengthen the
institutional framework between the two countries, and sign
documents, currently under discussion, at the earliest.
The Indian delegation was led by Sanjay Singh, Secretary
(East), Ministry of External Affairs while Khalaf Khalafov,
Deputy Foreign Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan, led
tThe Azerbaijani delegation.
"The fact is that as an energy importing and fast
developing country, India had an interest in Azerbaijan`s oil
and gas sector...and possible utilisation of energy
surpluses for production of end products of interest to India,
such as fertilizers," Singh was quoted as saying by an
The two sides also discussed in detail bilateral
relations with particular focus on strengthening cooperation
in the political, trade, economic, and cultural fields and
people to people exchanges. Views were also exchanged on
regional and international issues of mutual interest.
Singh also conveyed India`s support for the sovereignty
and territorial integrity of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan is considered one of the most important spots
in the world for oil exploration and development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today