India rejects Pak claims on Balochistan terror dossier: Rpt
India has categorically rejected Pak media’s claim that New Delhi has been handed over a dossier on Indian involvement in terrorists activities in that country, reports said.
New Delhi: India has categorically rejected Pak media’s claim that New Delhi has been handed over a dossier on Indian involvement in terrorists activities in that country, reports said on Thursday.
As per the report, sources in the Indian government have firmly made it clear that no dossier on Indian involvement in Balochistan has been handed over during the interaction between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pak counterpart Yusuf Raza Gilani in Egypt.
Quoting sources, the report further says that the dossier claims is an attempt to spread misinformation and that India is not in anyway connected to the unrest in Balochistan or the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore.
Although, the sources are accepting that India has been discussing Balochistan with Pak as part of the anti-terror mechanism, however, New Delhi has found the charges of its involvement in any terror activity in Pak soil as completely baseless.
An Indian High Commission official has also, yesterday, said that the only information provided by Pakistan in the meeting between the two Prime Ministers was on its dossier on Mumbai attacks which included reference to the five LeT people, who are undergoing trial in Pakistan, and 13 other suspects declared as proclaimed offenders.
There was no information provided to India on alleged Indian links to attacks in Pakistan, the official said.
Yesterday, Pakistan’s leady newspaper Dawn, quoting sources, had claimed that a dossier containing proof of India`s involvement in "subversive activities" in Pakistan was handed over by Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh during their meeting at Sharm el-Sheikh last week.
The evidence has also been shared with the US and Afghanistan, with Kabul being asked to prevent the use of its territory for disruptive activities against Pakistan.
"Although the information given to India is being kept highly secret, broad outlines of the dossier available with Dawn reveal details of Indian contacts with those involved in attacks on the Sri Lankan cricket team and the Manawan police station," the newspaper said.
"Operatives of RAW who remained in touch with the perpetrators of the attacks have been identified and proof of their interaction has been attached," it added.
A description of Indian arms and explosives used in the attack on the Sri Lankan team has been made part of the dossier, besides which the names and particulars of the perpetrators, who illegally entered Pakistan from India and joined their accomplices who had reached Lahore from Waziristan, have been mentioned, the report said.
The dossier is also said to list the safe houses being run by RAW in Afghanistan where terrorists are trained and launched for missions in Pakistan.
"The dossier also broadly covers the Indian connection in terror financing in Pakistan.
A substantial part of the shared material deals with the Balochistan insurgency and Indian linkages with the insurgents, particularly Bramdagh Bugti, Burhan and Sher Khan," Dawn said.
Photographs of their meetings with Indian operatives are part of the evidence, which also describes Bugti`s visit to India and the meetings he had with Indian secret service personnel, it added.
The dossier also mentions an India-funded training camp in Kandahar where Baloch insurgents, particularly those from Bugti clan, were being trained and provided arms and ammunition for sabotage activities in the Pakistani province.
Dawn quoted its sources as saying that Manmohan Singh had agreed to "look into Pakistani claims" and to take "corrective action" if proven. He is said to have assured Mr Gilani that India is against interference in other countries and Pakistan`s stability was important for them.