India to raise trans-border terrorism issue at CICA today
New Delhi: India will put forth its views on trans-border terrorism and the need for a stable Afghanistan at the third Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building
Measures in Asia (CICA) in Istanbul Tuesday.
Situation in Afghanistan and Israel`s widely criticised attack on a Gaza aid flotilla are expected to be two issues which will dominate the day-long summit, where India is being
represented by Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma.
The Kazakhstan-based CICA has 20 members, including Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, China, Egypt, India, Iran, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Palestine,
South Korea, Russia, Tajikistan, Thailand and UAE and helps in increasing cooperation towards promoting peace, security and stability in Asia.
Pakistan will be represented by its Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi at the summit during which the host country, Turkey, is also expected to mount pressure on Israel to end the economic blockade against the Palestinians.
Israel has conveyed its decision to send only a diplomat from its consulate to participate in the summit.
India`s ambassador to Turkey R S Jassal and Latha Reddy, Secretary (East) in External Affairs Ministry and other officials will assist Sharma at the deliberations.
Vietnam and Iraq will join CICA as members at this summit.
Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Qatar, Vietnam, Ukraine and USA and three international organisations, including United Nations have observer status in CICA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand